Medical PPO Assist
Our medical plan, administered by OhioHealthy, allows you to access quality healthcare and provide comprehensive coverage. By choosing in-network providers or specialists, you’ll keep more dollars in your pocket.
The OhioHealthy PPO Assist is a special version of the OhioHealthy PPO for those with a lower household income, and it has lower premiums and healthcare costs.
You’re eligible to apply for the OhioHealthy PPO Assist if:
- You are regularly scheduled to work at least 48 hours per pay period
- Your household income was less than or equal to the following amounts (as reported on your tax return, IRS Form 1040):
|Number of people in your household:||Annual household income is less than:|
To enroll, you must submit an application by each August 1 to be eligible for the next year’s enrollment, and provide your tax return (IRS Form 1040) as proof of income.
Need help choosing a medical plan option?
If you are enrolled or planning to enroll in Medicare, read the flyer available to download below before enrolling in one of our medical plan options.
How to make the most of this benefit
- Need care? Consult your Primary Care Physician first
- Physician not available? Call the 24/7 Nurse Advice Line at 1 (844) 834.4375 to get free private advice from a nurse
- Can’t see your usual physician? Contact MDLIVE for a virtual visit, where doctors can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medications and send prescriptions to your pharmacy of choice - great if you’re away from home
- Use urgent care instead of the emergency room for non-emergencies - but always go to the emergency room if it is an emergency and be sure to follow-up with your physician if you have questions or need further care
- Visit ohiohealthyplans.com/ohiohealth to find in-network providers and facilities, and estimate the costs with the treatment cost calculator
- You’ll pay less for certain services from OhioHealth providers, including lower out-of-pocket costs for visits to one of the plan’s preferred specialists in the OhioHealth Clinically Integrated Network
- A wide range of preventive care services are available at no cost to you, including annual physical exams, vaccines and tobacco cessation benefits - download the Preventive Care Summary below
- Combine this benefit with a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account to get eligible out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed
- Combine this benefit with Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Ca$hback℠ Insurance or Hospital Indemnity Insurance to help cover out-of-pocket expenses without using your Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Got an existing Health Savings Account (HSA)? You cannot contribute to an HSA while a member of the OhioHealthy PPO Assist, but you can use dollars in an existing HSA contributed to in previous years to pay eligible expenses
- Add dependent coverage - your spouse and any children through the month they turn age 26 are eligible
- Change your coverage at any time during the year if you have a relevant and qualified change in family status (e.g. you get married and want to add your spouse) - read more under Enrollment
For eligibility or application queries
For medical plan questions
Call 1 (844) 200.6449 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST) ohiohealthyplans.com/ohiohealth
Download the on-site OhioHealthy representative schedule below for in-person help