Medical HDHP + HSA
If you are enrolled or planning to enroll in Medicare, read the flyer available to download below before enrolling in one of our medical plan options.
Our medical plan, administered by OhioHealthy, allows you to access quality healthcare and provides comprehensive coverage.
The OhioHealthy HDHP+HSA has:
- Lower premiums than the OhioHealthy PPO
- A higher deductible than the OhioHealthy PPO (which you must meet before this plan pays any benefits)
- Access to a special tax-advantaged savings account with matching contributions from OhioHealth - a Health Savings Account (HSA)
By choosing in-network providers or specialists, you’ll keep more dollars in your pocket.
How much does this benefit cost?
|Associate cost per pay period|
|Full-time rates||Part-time rates*|
|Coverage type||No discounts earned||All discounts earned||No discounts earned||All discounts earned|
|Associate + spouse||$210||$120||$236||$146|
|Associate + child||$131||$86||$158||$113|
|Associate + children||$148||$103||$181||$136|
How to make the most of this benefit
- Need care? Consult your Primary Care Physician first
- Physician not available? Call the 24/7 Nurse Advice Line at 1 (844) 834.4375 to get free private advice from a nurse
- Can’t see your usual physician? Contact Teladoc Health for a virtual visit, where doctors can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medications and send prescriptions to your pharmacy of choice - great if you’re away from home
- Use urgent care instead of the emergency room for non-emergencies - but always go to the emergency room if it is an emergency and be sure to follow-up with your physician if you have questions or need further care
- Visit ohiohealthyplans.com/ohiohealth to find in-network providers and facilities, and estimate the costs with the treatment cost calculator
- You’ll pay less for certain services from OhioHealth providers, including lower out-of-pocket costs for visits to one of the plan's preferred specialists in the OhioHealth Clinically Integrated Network
- A wide range of preventive care services are available at no cost to you, including annual physical exams, vaccines and tobacco cessation benefits - download the Preventive Care Summary
- Need to cover a large healthcare expense? You can get early access to both your own and OhioHealth’s contributions to your HSA using Balance Booster - download the Balance Booster User Guide
- Combine this benefit with a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account if you need to save more for out-of-pocket dental and vision expenses
- Combine this benefit with Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Ca$hback℠ Insurance or Hospital Indemnity Insurance to help cover out-of-pocket expenses without using your HSA
- Add dependent coverage - your spouse and any children through the month they turn age 26 are eligible
- Change your coverage at any time during the year if you have a relevant and qualified change in family status (e.g. you get married and want to add your spouse) - update your elections in Workday
For medical plan questions
After January 1, 2022, call: 1 (888) 841.5670
For HSA questions
Download the HealthEquity mobile app from your app store