Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
We provide Basic Life Insurance at no cost to you, and you can choose additional Voluntary Life Insurance coverage for yourself and your family at your own cost. Age reductions apply for all Life Insurance coverages.Your dependent Life Insurance is not permitted to exceed the amount you have in total Life Insurance coverage.
If you have been employed for more than 180 days and you are regularly scheduled to work at least 32 hours per pay period, we provide Temporary Disability Pay (TDP) which ensures you have income during a short-term disability or illness. TDP coverage begins after you have missed three scheduled work shifts in a row (or 24 hours of scheduled work time in a row, whichever is less). You can supplement your TDP with Time Away Pay (TAP).
You can also choose:
Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage, which pays a benefit if, within 365 days of an accident, a covered individual loses a limb, loses sight or dies as a result of injuries suffered in the accident.
Long-Term Disability Insurance which picks up where Temporary Disability Pay (TDP) leaves off, pays a benefit when you have been unable to work due to an injury or illness for more than 120 days. Benefits are reduced by payments you receive from other sources, such as family Social Security payments, workers’ compensation and retirement plan benefits (minimum monthly benefit $100). Pre-existing limitations may apply.
At a glance
|For you||For your dependents|
|Basic Life Insurance||1 times your annual salary (maximum $50,000) - provided at no cost to you||You can provide basic Life Insurance for your spouse and children.
Child(ren) $1,000 from live birth to 6 months; $5,000 from 6 month to age 26, if financially dependent
|Voluntary Life Insurance||Choose 1 to 4 times your annual salary (maximum $600,000)||
Spouse: Amounts of $10,000, $15,000, $20,000, $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 and $100,000 with a guaranteed issue amount of
when you are first eligible
Child(ren): Amounts of $5,000 or $10,000
Total dependent coverage cannot exceed 100% of your Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance combined
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)||Choose increments of $25,000 (maximum $500,000) — or no coverage||
Spouse only: 50% of your coverage
Spouse & Children: Spouse 40% and each child 10% of your coverage
Children only: Each child 15% of your coverage
|Temporary Disability Pay (TDP)||70% of base pay for the number of regularly scheduled hours of work you miss (maximum 120 days in a rolling 12-month period) - provided at no cost to you||—|
|Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance||Choose coverage that replaces 60% of your pre-disability pay (maximum monthly benefit $6,000) - or no coverage||—|
How much does this benefit cost?
Basic Life Insurance and Temporary Disability Pay are provided at no cost to you.
Voluntary Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Long-Term Disability Insurance are paid for with after-tax dollars. Check Workday for costs.
How to make the most of this benefit
- Lincoln Financial Group offer LifeKeys services for estate and financial planning, at no additional cost - to access these services, call 855-891-3684, or go online to guidanceresources.com (First-time User: Enter Web ID LifeKeys)
- Add dependent coverage - your spouse and any children through the month they turn age 26 are eligible
- Update your beneficiaries in Workday if you have a change in circumstances (read more under Retirement for how to update your Retirement plan beneficiaries)
- Combine these benefits with Critical Illness Insurance to help cover unexpected expenses as a result of a critical illness
- If you or your important people at home need emotional support or counselling following a severe injury or death, the Employee Assistance Program is available to you 24/7
- Change your coverage at any time during the year if you have a relevant and qualified change in family status (e.g. you get married and want to add your spouse) — read more under Enrollment
Contact Lincoln Financial Group
For Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) or Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance claims
The OhioHealth Policy Number is 09-LF0165
Contact Associate Health
For questions about Temporary Disability Pay (TDP)