Protect yourself and loved ones with a comprehensive cancer program that combines the power of genomics with expert oncology navigation support services.
Cancer Guardian was developed by industry experts to provide specialized services not typically made available or covered by health insurance. The program allows you to protect yourself and your important people at home in the event of a cancer diagnosis.
If you enroll, you will have access to:
- Cancer Information Line: Speak to oncology experts about any cancer-related question and discuss concerns, risk-mitigation strategies or care-giving guidance
- Hereditary Risk Screening Test: Understand your genetic risk for hereditary cancers for preventive planning with this test, which analyzes 61 genes for risk of the most common inherited cancers, including breast, ovarian, prostate, colorectal, melanoma, kidney, stomach, pancreatic, uterine and thyroid
- Expert Pathology Review: Ensure correct diagnosis with an expert second opinion review in the event of a cancer diagnosis
- Genomic Profiling: This test interrogates more than 300 cancer-related genes in the tumor, helping inform treatment decisions and clinical trial eligibility in the event of a cancer diagnosis
- Dedicated Cancer Support Specialist: Receive practical, emotional, and clinical support from a dedicated Cancer Support Specialist (CSS) in the event of a cancer diagnosis
- On-site Nurse Advocate: Accompaniment to a medical appointment in the event of a cancer diagnosis by an Oncology Nurse Advocate, who will provide support and guidance
- Medical Records Platform: A secure platform that allows you to store medical records for any condition and share with your medical team at any time
- Clinical Trial Explorer: A platform providing access to a personalized clinical trial search, reporting and enrollment
- Financial Navigation: A platform that projects out-of-pocket financial exposure and identifies public and private financial aid programs that you can access for support
Cancer Guardian is intended to be exempt from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act in accordance with 29 CFR 2510.3-1(j) as a group or group-type insurance program offered by an insurer to employees or members of an employee organization, under which:
- No contributions are made by an employer or employee organization;
- Participation in the program is completely voluntary for employees or members;
- The sole functions of the employer or employee organization with respect to the program are, without endorsing the program, to permit the vendor to publicize the program to employees or members, to collect program charges through payroll deductions or dues checkoffs and to remit them to the vendor; and
- The employer or employee organization receives no consideration in the form of cash or otherwise in connection with the program, other than reasonable compensation, excluding any profit, for administrative services actually rendered in connection with payroll deductions or dues checkoffs.
Program charges will be paid on an after-tax basis, and Wamberg Genomic Advisors will not ask OhioHealth to take any action that could be deemed to be endorsing the program or otherwise contravene this exemption.
How much does this benefit cost?
|Under age 50||Age 50-64||Age 64+|
|Associate + child(ren) coverage||$8.31||$10.15||$12|
|Associate + spouse + child(ren) coverage||$16.62||$20.31||$24|
How to make the most of this benefit
- Add dependent coverage - your spouse and any children through the month they turn age 26 are eligible (there is no additional cost for children)
- Order your Hereditary Screening Test to understand your genetic risk for cancer
- Don’t rely on the internet for important cancer questions - contact the Cancer Information Line at any time
- If you need emotional support or counselling following a cancer diagnosis, the Employee Assistance Program [page link] is available to you 24/7
- Change your coverage at any time during the year if you have a relevant and qualified change in family status (e.g. you get married and want to add your spouse) - read more under Enrollment [page link]
Contact Cancer Guardian
Speak with a Cancer Support Specialist following a cancer diagnosis
The specialist will work with you and your medical team to develop a personalized program